Tuesday 25 September 2018

My Top Three Transitional Palettes To Take You From Summer To Autumn


Autumn is here, it's officially here and I'm loving that September is off to a colder start. Usually we can get some nice weather this time of year and hold on to that last bit of summer. But this year I'm so ready to whip out all of my cosy jumpers, wear boots with extra fluffy socks and enjoy some cosy nights with the heating on and a hot chocolate in hand - Sounds good right? Whilst I'm pretty much ready to dive right into autumn, I'm not quite ready to change my makeup looks completely and whilst I want to dress for the colder weather, I still want my makeup look glowy and fresh. I think it's nice if makeup has more of a transitional phase into a season, rather than jumping straight in. Slowly my lipstick shades are getting darker and I can't wait to bring out the berry toned lipsticks. Today I want to talk about eyeshadow palettes and I've picked out my top three palettes that I think are perfect for this in-between stage of seasons and that you can carry on using throughout the season.



Urban Decay Naked Palette;

When I think of Urban Decay palettes, the original one always springs to my mind first as it brings back a lot of memories that are sentimental as it was the first high end palette that I ever owned and I pretty much used it to death - So much so that I'm already on my second one. Now whilst this is the perfect all year round palette, I thought it deserved a special mention as Urban Decay are now discontinuing this cult beauty classic (I'm heartbroken!) And if you've not got one of these in your makeup collection I really recommend picking one up as there are still floating around (Debenhams still have them in stock which you can find here.... You're welcome). As much as I love this palette, I've not actually picked up for while, until recently and this is because it really is perfect for this time of year. The original Naked palette is filled with warm toned shades which are my personal favourite to wear this time of year. I love all the gold toned shadows as they have a real autumnal feel to them, but theres also a good mix of shimmery shades which makes them perfect for the transition between the seasons. Overall this is a great all rounder palette and I love that its really easy to create something simple and perfect for those warmer days, with the option for going for something a little warmer and darker on those mornings when its cool and crisp outside.


Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette;

I think this palette from Too Faced is another one of those cult beauty classics and I think it's perfect for this time of year - It's another palette of mine that I haven't reached for until now. One thing that screens autumn to me is the chocolate scent of these shadows. I know chocolate isn't usually a smell that you associate with this time of year, but I don't really eat much chocolate in the summer and as soon as it gets colder I'm stock piling different flavours of hot chocolate in my cupboards and this palette has a very similar smells and in a way makes me feel quite cosy. Again the shades in this palette are mostly warm toned with a few berry shades thrown in the mix making it perfect to start adding those darker shades into your makeup look in the mornings. Some of the brown toned shadows in this palette have a really warm feel to them and work perfectly for autumn. Theres a great mix of shimmers and mattes in this palette and I love combining the two to create a dreamy smokey eye; A little bit of the shimmery golden shades just adds a touch of glamour to my makeup look which I really love.


Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette;

If there was ever a palette that screams autumn this is it! When Urban Decay launched the Naked Heat palette last year it was love at first sight and needless to say its lived up to all its expectations and more. I have been itching to use this palette again and I'm so happy that its sat there at the forefront of my makeup bag. This palette is rich, fiery and has all those beautiful burnt oranges and berry hues, its basically autumn in a palette. Although this these shades might not be for everyone, I promise you that you can easily create a simple day time look which will work perfectly for work or you can really go all out and create the most stunning autumnal smokey eye using the deeper richer shades that you find at the end of the palette. I love using some of the brick orange shades under my lower lash line to really make an eye look pop. This palette is all about making the focus of your makeup look around the eyes. I know its a palette I'll be reaching for a lot over the next few weeks, especially when we get into autumn in full swing.

So there we have it, my top three eye shadow palettes that I know I'll be getting a lot of use out of over the next few months and I think each palette allows me to create multiple looks that are perfect for the season and easy to use for those warmer days (if we get any). I'd love to know what eyeshadow palettes have made their way into your makeup bag for autumn, let me know.


Share:

1 comment

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig