Wednesday 24 October 2012

Tag | Why Do You Wear Makeup

Image from weheartit

Hi beauties. Hope your all having a fabulous week. With the darker nights coming round so earlier, I'm finding it impossible to take some decent snaps of products and get some good posts up for you. Is anyone else having the same problem and like me and just missing the summer sun? So seeing as I have no photo's to hand,  I thought I would get the 'Why I Wear Makeup Tag' up for you all this evening. I have to admit, I just love doing these tag posts and find them a joy to read on other blogs. I've been looking for a good one to do for ages, so when Beth from Birds Words Blog, posted this tag on her blog at the beginning of the week, I did a little jump for joy... No joke I literally did! I just think this one is perfect for any beauty blogger and I can see it been shared across the bloggerssphere in no time at all. 

1. When did you begin to love makeup? 

I've had a little fascination with makeup for a long, long time. I used to love watching my mum apply her makeup in the morning and would always have a lot of fun looking though all her lipsticks and eyeshadow's. I was always aloud to look but never touch.  The first type of makeup I ever applied was a little set, I think that came with one of my Barbie accessory toys, where it had the nail polish that peels off in two seconds and that funny smelling lip balm. 

However it wasn't until I went upper school (year 9) when I was around 13, until I started to actually wear makeup properly. It started off with a little mascara, which then lead onto foundation, lipgloss and eyeshadow. As i got older, I started experimenting more with makeup and my love for it only grew stronger and stronger. It wasn't untill I was 18 and I was in a job working every weekend, that I had money to spend on makeup. I would spend hours in Boots, swatching everything... I still do now, and I find it so therapeutic!  

It's only since I became aware of the blogging world and started watching YouTube that I realised  there was a whole world of high end makeup, and since then I have been trying out different brands and as a result my love for makeup is forever growing.

2. How do you feel without makeup?

I'm not going to lie... I feel bloody awful without makeup. So much so, that I can honestly say I never ever leave the house without it. I know that may sound bad to some (I know that I should try to embrace my natural beauty more) but my skin really does feel naked without it. For me makeup hides any imperfections and really gives me that confidence to go out and face the world and any situation that comes my way. From a young age my mum always told me that you should never leave the house without a coat of mascara or a bit of blush on your cheeks as you never know who you just might meet when you are out! Who knows I could be popping to the shops and meet David Beckham or Channing Tatum (in my dreams) and I for one would not like them to see me bare faced haha!

As much as I love makeup though, I feel that there is a time and place for the right makeup and should only be used to enhance your true beauty.

3.What do you like about makeup? 

I don't think I could pin point out a single thing I didn't like about makeup and I could probably white a book on what I like about it. But to name a few things... I love how makeup can just make you look fabulous and give you that confidence boost that you need. I also love the process of applying makeup, its one of my favourite things to do in the morning. 

In an odd way, sometimes I think that your face is like the artists blank canvas, and the application of makeup really is a work of art and allows you to create different looks, there is no right or wrongs and it really does give each individual the chance to express themselves. Makeup is forever changing and there will always be something new to try... There is not a lot, that can beat that feeling of swatching a pretty lipstick, buying it and knowing that its yours to apply whenever you fancy.

4. Three 'Holy Grail' Items

If I had to narrow it down to three... which I am then I would have to pick

Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer - This has been my go too bronzer for the last four years, and I just think it gives you the most gorgeous glowing sun-kissed skin,

Clinique Stay Matte Oil-Free Foundation - This is a foundation that I've only come across recently and it's fairly new on the market, I shall have to get a review up of it soon. But I am one who suffers from oily skin and this foundation works wonders on taking away any shine from your face and just gives you the appearance of flawless skin.. yes please!

Mac's Impassioned Lipstick - I just adore everything about this lipstick, and I just find it really gives you the perfect pop of colour and just makes me feel like Barbie! It's pretty, pink and just makes your makes your lips ever so kissable! You can read my review here

I hope you enjoyed reading my answers beauties, if you decide to do this, please let me know in the comments as I would love to take a look and read your answers. 

Lot's of Love 


Share:

7 comments

  1. Love posts like this! I will have to try that foundation but I've never been able to get bronzers to work for me : (

    I'm the same as you, I discovered make up after getting a little set (I think from Avon) from my sister as a little 'un x

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome post gorgeous! i completely agree with the 'how you feel without makeup' part! seriously cannot leave the house without at least foundation on hahaha love youuu xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness im having the exact same problem! Unless i go outside then my photos look so rubbish! Took me ages to take the ones for my new post earlier! :( hate these dull days! So much i want to blog about but cant take the pictures!

    aww i remember when i first discovered youtube - i found FleurDeForce a couple of years ago and its gone from there..
    Loved reading your answers beaut - Ooo id love a bit of Channing Tatum anyday! haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have looked at the chocolate bronzer so many times and wondered if I should buy it. Next time it is in an offer I will have to go for it! I would love to be a girl who never leaves the house without make up, I think it is so lady like, but I am horribly lazy. If I do wear make up now, it is usually just a bit of BB. After reading this I have been inspired to make a bit more of an effort today. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely agree with you, if i ever leave the house without make up (which isnt very often!) people ask me if im ok because i look ill as i'm really pale !
    I have a few bits from Mac already and can't wait to try one of their lipsticks. Great blog :) xx

    smilesammy44.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't leave the house without makeup ! I feel naked lol
    Love this TAG! Do u mind if I do this tag post too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. confidence is such an issue with me too! I have done this tag too http://lucyrosex.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig