Saturday 3 August 2013

Moroccan Oil || Review







Whenever I get asked what is the best way to keep your hair looking healthy and glossy, the first answer I give right away is to use a good hair oil as it can be a hair life saviour. However it wasn't until recent that I was able to try and test what is probably the most famous hair oil out there - Of course I'm talking about Moroccan Oil. I was kindly sent this little sample sized bottle from Amazing Hair and since using it I don't think I will ever look back to my other hair oils as this stuff is well and truly amazing.

Before using Moroccan Oil I was a big fan of the cheap and cheerful Hask Argan Oil that you can pick up from Primark (you can read my review here). Whilst the Hask Argan Oil was and still is amazing at improving the general condition of your hair, Moroccan Oil seams to be on a completely different level and blows any other hair oil I've tried right out of the water.

I have been using Moroccan Oil every day since receiving it and find that it works easily into my hair when its either wet or dry. I do prefer using it on wet hair though, as I do find it to be a slightly heavy oil that can weigh your hair down easily. When I use this on wet hair, it seams to take away that horrible frizz that your sometimes left with after zapping your locks with the dryer. It leaves your hair feeling amazingly soft and super shiny. I also love to use this after I've just styled my hair and run a small pea sized amount though the tips of my hair, again making my hair look glossy and ever so healthy. As I have long hair, the very tips of my hair are always feeling dry and are always in need of TLC no matter what I do. But since using Moroccan Oil, I find that it really helps to improve the overall condition of these tatty ends and pops a bit more life back into them. I've already noticed a huge improvement in the way that they feel - Soft Soft Soft :)

Seeing as Moroccan Oil is a fairly heavy oil in terms of its texture and feel, I find it amazing at how quickly it absorbs into my hair and in no way does it make my hair feel sticky or greasy. Even on second day hair, I find that my hair is in no way any greasier - I actually look forward to applying a second dose of this oil which truly is a little miracle for your hair. Another thing which I was suffering a lot with, was the ends of my hair just snapping and breaking away. However in the short space of time that I've been using Moroccan Oil I've found that it seams to be providing my hair with some sort of strength as I've noticed a lot less hair on my cream carpets once finishing styling my hair. 

I've noticed a massive difference in the overall condition of my hair since Moroccan Oil and I can't fault this hair oil in anyway. Not only does it make your hair feel so soft that you just need to run your fingers though it all the time, the actual oil itself smells amazing. I can't quite put my finger on the scent, but I get a little whiff of oranges, but that could just be me. The packaging of Moroccan Oil really impresses me too - It comes in a lovely glass packaging with the words 'Moroccan Oil' embossed down the side. As Moroccan Oil is on the more expensive side in compassion to other hair oils, I think its lovely that the packaging gives a good reflection of the product that's contained inside. 

I love this little sample sized version of Moroccan Oil as its perfect for on the go or to take away with you and it's perfect for those of you who are wanting to give Moroccan Oil a tester. A little of this stuff really goes a long way, I've been using mine non stop and it looks as though I've barely used it. You can get this 25ml bottle from Amazing Hair - They also offer the larger sized bottles for those of you who are interested. I know I will treating myself to a bigger bottle once this one has run out as I just love how healthy my hair looks and feels at the moment. I've also heard that Moroccan Oil is supposed to be great for helping your hair to grow faster - It's far too soon for me to say if it does or not, but I have my fingers crossed that it will help and I'll be sure to keep you all updated.

Have you tried Moroccan Oil? What are your thoughts?



Share:

9 comments

  1. i was going to get this, but it's so expensive right?! where did you buy yours from?
    -elle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Moroccan Oil! It makes my hair feel so soft and silky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! It isn't cheap but a little goes SUCH a long way! I have the sample size too and I think it will be a long time before I finish it.

    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Moroccan Oil and use it every day on my hair! I thought it was going to be really heavy at first too but it doesn't make my hair look greasy at all :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the few products I would gladly pay more for! Nice review :) x Cat

    cheshirecatchats

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVEEEEEEEE this and Macadamia oil, it's seriously amazing!!!! It has made my hair grow SO much xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Moroccan oil, it's one of my favourite hair products.

    Nice review :)

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love Moroccan Oil, I didn't get the hype at first but wow it really does work! It has even brought back to life some very old hair extensions!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really curious to try this, I've heard so many amazing things about it x

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig