Sunday 16 June 2013

Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Papaya || Guest Post

Hi lovely ladies,  I hope you've all had a brilliant weekend. Today I have a fabulous post for you written by the wonderful Gemma from Miss Makeup Magpie, Gemma's one of my favourite beauty bloggers so I really recommend you go check out her blog :). Gemma's a huge lipstick lover like myself and has a wonderful review all about the Revlon Colorburst Lip Glosses for you. Enjoy ...


 

Hi guys, I'm Gemma and I blog over at www.missmakeupmagpie.com. The gorgeous Danielle is currently sunning herself on a well deserved holiday, so whilst she's away she has given me full reign to write a guest post for her lovely blog. I really hope you like it Black heart (cards)
I blame Tanya Burr completely for my love of the Revlon Colorburst Lip Glosses as she mentions them regularly in her video's and tutorials so I had to try them, and sure enough I love them as much as she does. They retail for £7.99 in Boots, which I don't mind paying as they regularly have 3 for 2 offers on. However you may have read my Beauty Bargains blog post, where I showed you an eBay seller where you can pick these up for just £2.99. Tanya mentions Papaya as her favourite shade, and I have to agree.. it's a little bit special.

The
Revlon Colorburst Lip Glosses as a whole are so easy to wear, as they're not sticky and relatively long-lasting. They remind me of a cheaper version of MAC's Cremesheen Glasses in their consistency and appearance on the lips.
Papaya is a bright coral shade, that can be worn quite sheer and also built up for a near opaque finish. If I apply more than two coats of the glosses, they tend to slip and slide a bit so I'd recommend no more than two coats. Wear time is an impressive 3 hours, which for a gloss is pretty incredible in my opinion. Papaya has no shimmer or glitter, as well as not having any scent or taste either. These glosses glide on smoothly, with no gritty texture.. they're a pleasure to wear.

I think this shade would suit all skin tones, and would look so pretty layered over red or pink lipsticks for different effects. I love how pigmented this gloss is, it really is beautiful. If you're on the look out for a coral gloss, then this is your perfect gloss.. the shade is so different to anything I've seen before.

Have you ever tried the Revlon Colorburst Lip Glosses? What are your favourite Lip Glosses?
Share:

10 comments

  1. This makes me wish that it was summer here in Australia! I love Revlon lip glosses and this colour is amazing.

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound great! i also heard about them from tanya and i haven't got around to buying one yet.

    jess
    dotofdaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colour! I will have to try one x

    alittlebitsunshine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never wear lipgloss but I'd so consider this! It's the prettiest colour!

    Molly x
    Lyon Notes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful - finally a post by Gemma again (she knows exacgtly what i mean).
    Loving this color, so fresh and summery. And the packaging is kinda cute too.

    xoxo, Luchessa.
    Luchessa.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. They seem so pigmented for a gloss. Loooove <3

    Beauty by Tellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty colour! And it's so super pigmented.Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig