Wednesday 18 June 2014

Lush Sympathy For The Skin Hand & Body Lotion || Review



Most of you know by now that I love body butters and mositurisers, so I'll save you all the long introduction about how they are my favourite skincare product etc. If you had a little peek at my most recent 'Monthly Favouties' post you will have seen this bad boy on there, Lush's 'Sympathy For The Skin Hand & Body Lotion' and since receiving this little gift from Lush, it's shot straight to the top of being one of my favourite mositursers.

What makes this lotion so amazing is the feeling that it leaves my skin after using it, honestly my skin has never felt so soft. This lotion has some amazing ingredients that really work into your skin including banana which does a great job at not only nourishing your skin, but keeping the moisture locked in there too, this way your skin is going to stay softer for a lot longer. Other ingredients also include cocoa butter (one of my favourites) and almond oil. 

I don't think I've ever tried any other beauty products that have included banana before, but I really think that the bananas in this body lotion are the key ingredient which make it so special. As soon as you open this pot you get such a lovely whaff of bananas, but its in no way overpowering. The smell of bananas has been dulled down a little, I know that there is also vanilla in this lotion, so it's almost a mix of the two; It smells a bit like a whipped banana smoothie... yummm! I love how this scent lingers on your skin a good few hours after application, and as the day goes on you keep getting little reminders at how good this lotion smelt when you applied it earlier. 

As you can see from the pictures, Sympathy For The Skin is very thick in texture and I would definitely describe it to be more of a body butter than your everyday moisturiser; It's very heavy duty. As thick and creamy as it is though, I find that it sinks into your skin pretty quickly and doesn't leave a sticky feeling on your skin afterwards; Although some of you may find this a little bit too heavy for in the day. 

I've not got a bad word to say about this lotion, it really is heavenly to use. I think it's banana smell completely wins me over, and the fact that it makes my skin so silky smooth is just amazing! If any of you spotted from the pictures this tub has 'Self Preserving' written on it, which means Lush have now taken all those nasty ingredients such as parabens out, making it great for those of you who are looking for more natural products.

I know that I've overlooked Lush in the past for their skincare products, but this body lotion has really impressed me and I know I'll be popping back into my local Lush to try out some more things and pick up another tub of 'Sympathy For The Skin' (I've now used all mine up). I would love to know what your thoughts are on this moisturiser and if you have any other faves from Lush let me know!



Lots of Love



Share:

10 comments

  1. Ooh this looks good, I think my skin needs a bit of sympathy now. I've recently done a love post on the bunty gift set loved it! Xx

    Lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely. I'm a huge fan of Lush.

    http://www.bee-on-a-budget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I bet this smells amazing! :P haha i love how its self preserving its so good because so many products go off so easily

    www.beautyandtheboy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOo! Sounds so, so lovely! I've been wanting to try a body lotion from LUSH, thanks for sharing this!
    Kallie - But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! I always forget about Lush. I really need to visit it more often xx
    Nicola xx
    www.nicolabishopx.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I need this...you've persuaded me!! Don't try the deodorant though..it was great at first but it gave me a rash on my pits!!! Not good...I'd recommend the self-preserving face mask too..I think we need to go shopping to Lush together aha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm such a cheapskate with moisturisers, but I do love Lush so I may have to try this!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  8. A self preserving formula, that sounds quite interesting! Banana smoothies are so yummy, I'm quite sure I'd like this product :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow this sounds delicious and almost edible! I really need to try more LUSH products xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want that so bad! It's always hard to find a lotion/butter that's both heavy duty, but doesn't leave me feeling like a slimy snail lol! I really need to figure out how to incorporate more banana into my routine if it works so well for you.

    Parabens are pretty safe and effective preservatives though!

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig