Monday 18 August 2014

Makeup Revolution I Heart Makeup Lip Geek Lipstick Collection #4 The Reds


If you've been keeping up to date with my recent posts then you wont have missed me rave about these gorgeous Lip Geek lipsticks from Makeup Revolution. I honestly love everything about these lipsticks from the pretty pink bullet casings to their highly pigmented and creamy formulas. Over the last few weeks I've showcased the pink shades, the corals and of course the nudes, but no lipstick collection would ever be complete without those daring reds. So today I'm showcasing all the reds in the I Heart Makeup Lip Geek collection and as you can see from the top picture they are stunning. 


I Worked For It

Starting with the darkest shade in the entire collection 'I Worked For It' is a gorgeous deep and vampy red and is going to be a perfect lipstick choice when the winter months come around. Don't be too put off by how dark it looks in the bullet as once on its a lot softer, which makes it very wearable. I would describe this red as a dark brick red kind of shade and its going to look great on so many skin tones, especially those of you who have paler skin. 


Totally Not Boring

This lipstick has the perfect name as it is 'Totally Not Boring', in fact this shade has to be one of my favourites in the collection just because it's so unique and looks amazing on. Totally Not Boring is a gorgeous aubergine colour and just has the right amount of purple tones to it. This colour lipstick is going to look fabulous in Autumn time and makes me excited instantly for that time of year - I love wearing berry toned shades. This lipstick also has a slight frost finish to it which just adds a little more dimension to your lips, giving you the appearance of fuller lips which is always a nice bonus.


Cherry Bomb

As the name of this lipstick suggests 'Cherry Bomb' is a beautiful cherry shade and it's everything that you would want from a red lipstick. This shade is bright, vibrant, bold and so wearable. I find that the formula of this lipstick is so creamy and gives your lips a gorgeous glossy look at the same time. It's the kind of red that I find works well with my skin tone and works well with my hair colour too, so if you do have darker hair 'Cherry Bomb' is going to look amazing on you.


Total Diva

Total Diva has to be that classic pillar box red kind of shade and it really looks so amazing once on your lips. It has a slight orange undertone to it which makes it a little different to other post box reds. I find that this shade of red works so well on you  blonde haired babes and will compliment your hair colour so perfectly, especially in the winter time. I also love just how pigmented this lipstick is and with a steady hand no lip liner in needed either. 


Dare To Be Different

Out of all the reds in the Lip Geek collection 'Dare To Be Different' has to be the most wearable and every day red and it really is so pretty once on. This lipstick is more of a pink toned red, so if your someone who doesn't want to go all out with a bright red this is a perfect alternative. This shade makes your lips look really healthy and works well with so many makeup looks, I've been reaching for it a lot and already its become quite the staple in my makeup bag.

So that's all the reds in the collection and I think you will agree there are some beauties in there. If red is not really your shade then be sure to check out my other posts where you can find reviews and swatches of the entire Lip Geek collection. As I've mentioned before and in my other posts, these lipsticks are such great quality and are so purse friendly costing only £2.99 per lipstick. As the ultimate lipstick lover, I've tried and tested my fair share of lipsticks and some of the Lip Geek lipsticks have quickly become some favourites of mine, they are just so fun to wear and I can't recommend them enough. If your looking to add some of these lipsticks to your collection then you can find them all on the Makeup Revolution website here.

I would love to know if you've tried any of these lipsticks and what your favoutie shade is? Let me know in the comments below.

Lots of Love



Share:

6 comments

  1. I love the Makeup Revolution lipsticks - such great quality for an even better price!

    rosielouiselove

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! I really need some Make Up Revolution products!! I love your photography too, it looks amazing :) great post! xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This series was totally amazing!! You have made me want them ALL xxx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound really amazing, I love the colors they come in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are very sheer. I guess they're good for MLBBs but I don't feel they're anythign special, sadly :(

    Beauty By Tellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the shades, they are so gorgeous!
    xprincessjas | x

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig