Saturday 12 December 2015

Blogmas Day 12 - The Christmas Tag


Oh what would Blogmas be without a good old Christmas Tag! It’s honestly been forever since I did a good old tag post and I’m pretty sure that back in my early days of blogging I did these all the time and had a lot of fun doing them. I’ve not really seen any go up that have taken my fancy, so I took to Google and had a good browse and found this one. 

1. Whats your favourite Christmas film?
I love Christmas films, I actually started watching them this year way before December even started so its really hard to narrow my favourites down. I would have to say Miracle on 34th Street, Home Alone and Author Christmas are my faves. 

I know its not technically part of the question but my favourite Christmas film quote has to be ‘Merry Christmas ya filthy animal’ from Home Alone 2…. I love it and say it way too much this time of year!

2. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Yes! And it really has to be the most magical thing ever. You know when you watch the films and they all have snow on Christmas day, I actually felt like I was in my very own Christmas movie when I woke up to snow on Christmas morning, it was just so special. If Santa could bring us all a little bit of snow on Christmas morning that would be amazing. 

3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?

As it’s just myself and James living in our flat, we actually never spend our Christmas Day here. Every year we take it in turns to spend our Christmas day with different family members. Last year we went to my dads and the year before his mums. This year however, my my and her partner are coming to spend Christmas Day with me and we’re actually cooking Christmas dinner in my flat which has never been done before, so I’m super excited. 

4. What is your favourite Christmas song?
I have two! For the majority of the time its Mariah Carey’s All I want for Christmas. But when the drinks are flowing it has to be the Pogues Fairy Tale of New York…. Love it!!!


5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
No and I don't think I ever have. My family and I have always been very strict in only opening our Christmas presents on Christmas Day - I mean common Santa has not been yet! Right?

6. Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? 

Ummm I don't think I can you know! So shocking…. I’ll try now…

Rudolph, Dasher, Dancer, Commit, Cupid, Blitzen, Donner… and that;s it. I had to Google the what the others were and I missed out Prancer and Vixen…. Sorry guys.

7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to?
I’m really looking forward to Christmas morning, its my favourite. I love waking up with the family in our Christmasy PJ’s, opening presents and then having the most amazing Christmas breakfast, smoked salmon and scrambled egg - It’s my favourite. I then just love lounging around for a few hours, playing board games before Christmas dinner.

8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?

We go for a fake one as its just a lot easier and I actually prefer them as they have a lot more greenery on them which means more room for decorations!

9. What is your all time favourite holiday food/sweet or teat?
Hands down it has to be those little piggies in blankets! Oh my gosh my mouth is watering just thinking about them. They always have to be the first thing that gets eaten on my Christmas plate and there are never any leftovers. I think they're everyones favourites. I also love cold turkey sandwiches on thick crusty bread for Boxing Day lunch.


10. Do you like giving or receiving gifts better?
This is such an easy question for me as I much prefer to give a gift than receive one. There is just something so satisfying about buying something really special for someone you love and watching them open it. 

11. What is the best Christmas present you’ve ever received?
This is a really difficult one as I’ve had a lot of amazing gifts over the years. Probably one of the best was flying out to Disney World on Christmas night and spending the rest of Christmas and New Year in Orlando, that’s a present I’ll never forget. 

12. What would be your dream place to visit for holiday?
I’m actually really happy with staying at home on Christmas. I love my home comforts and I love the way my home feels festive with all its decorations so I love being in a place which is homly to me. My dream Christmas would be to have a place big enough where I could have all mine and James family over to stay, that would be perfect.

13. Are you a pro present wrapper or fail miserably?
I’m actually somewhere in between. I don’t think I do a bad job, but if I have any presents that are oddly shaped I can get a bit flustered with the wrapping paper. I do really enjoy wrapping up presents though, its great.

14. Most memorable holiday moment?
Without a doubt it has to be my first, only and ever motorbike experience. It was Christmas afternoon before James and I lived together and I had planned on spending Christmas afternoon with his family. His grandad had offered to pick me up, but he thought it would be a great day to get out his motorbike and showed up at mine with all the spare gear for me to pop on. Bear in mind that I had done my hair and makeup all nice etc… My mum found the whole thing so hilarous, especially helping me to dress up in all my motorbike gear! At the time I wanted to die, but now its one of those moments I look back on and think that was such a funny memorable Christmas moment. It always brings the family in floods of tears and laughter whenever its brought up.


15. What made you realise the truth about Santa?
For me the truth it that it’s so important to keep the magic alive and still going. I will and always be a believer. 

16. Do you make New Years resolutions and do you stick to them?
Yes and no. I have every good intention of making new years promises to myself but by the time March is here they’ve been forgotten about.

17. What makes the holiday special for you?
It has to be spending time with my family and making special memories for future Christmases. I just love everything about Christmas day. I’m even more excited for Christmas this year because I’m pregnant and it just means that from now on Christmas will just become even more special and magical for me and I can’t wait for that!

That was so much fun! I know tags are probably not the cool or in thing to do on blogs these days, but it was one that really made me smile and feel festive. If your reading this and are a blogger I tag you to give it ago.

Let me know in the comments if you do it…

Lots of Love

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig