Sunday 5 August 2012

Cath Kidston On My Nails




Hi beauties. I'm pretty sure that those of you who are fans of Cath Kidston will have seen Cath Kidston inspired nail art, and seeing as I am a fan I just had to give it ago. If any of you follow Beth over at Bird Words Blog will have seen that she did a Cath Kidston design nail art post and I was so inspired at how easy she made it look that I wanted to see if I could create the look in my nails!.. Ok I basically just copied her exact design and mine are no way near as good. What can I say Beth your an inspiration! So please go check out her blog girlies, as its amazing!


So if you might be thinking 'this design looks a bit tricky' which were my thoughts exactly. But once you break it down step by step its really quite simple and I think you could atempt this even if your a newbie at nail art! 

First of all you want to pick out your nail polishes, you will need a colour for the background, I've chosen the classic Cath Kidston blue, but a pink would look lovely with this design! A white for the clouds and dots, a pretty colour for the flowers and a green for the leaves.


Green - Barry M in Mint Green | Blue - Barry M in Blueberry Ice Cream | Pink - O.P.I in That's Berry Darling | White - Rio Profesional Nail Art Pen (Review Here

Start by painting your nails with your chosen base colour, I've done two coats with the Barry M in Blueberry Ice Cream

Once it has dried you want to draw little white clouds in opposite corners of your nails. I've used the Rio Profesional Nail Art pen for accuracy but you can achieve this with a normal nail polish brush or use a bobby pin opened out, draw the outline and fill it in with white polish.

When the white has dried you will want to add a little blob of colour in the middle of each cloud as this will be make up the flower. I've kept the design of my flower really simple, but if you check out Beth's Blog she has done advanced nail art flowers which are brilliant! 

Once your flowers have dried you can add another blob of green each side to create the leaves.

Then when your flowers are all dry, you will want to get your white polish and use your bobby pin or nail art pen to create little white dots that will outline around the clouds. 

Finish with a top coat to add shine and keep the chips at bay and you and your Cath Kidston nails are ready to go. 


Share:

23 comments

  1. I saw beths post too they both look lovely, could you do a tutorial? :) xo
    http://ellie-rosee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lovely, thanks it was really fun to do and I love looking at my nails. I'm thinking about making a video, but I'm too scared I'll let you know if I do though lol xx

      Delete
  2. I saw these on your Instagram and thought they were sooo cute :)

    http://sophiameola.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, I think this is the cutest design I've had on my nails ever lol xx

      Delete
  3. These look so goood! I must try it :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give them ago, I would love to see what you come up with xx

      Delete
  4. Hey Lovely!
    These look so beautiful!!
    Love India

    www.thejewelbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours you've used for this look are perfect I'm defo writing down the names of them so I can purchase & retry this look myself!
    http://lolarose1.blogspot.ie/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks lovely. I love these colours and they look fabulous on their own, so super pretty nails all the time lol. I would love to see the look you come up with. We can all have matching nails xx

      Delete
  6. they look amazing! you did a great job in recreating them! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danielle, these looks amazing!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so detailed! I wish I had the patience to do this because it looks so lovely!
    www.jennafifi.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hunni, I am sure you do. I used to look at peoples nail art and think I could never achieve anything, but practice really does make perfect xx

      Delete
  9. oh my lordy, these look awesome - Theres no way I'd have the patience to do this, but they really do look fab. Kudos!!

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog btw - I like the blonde too, just fancy a change as my hair has been the same for so long!! I hate deciding what to do with it haha, first world problems eh? x


    Sarah xx
    http://fridayisforever.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. This is the left hand, but its when I paint my right hand that I really start to loose my patience, but no one in the blogging world sees my disastrous right hand lol.

      I know. I used to be blonde for ages and went brown, I prefer being brown, but now that I am I do miss being blonde. lol I don't think we will ever truly be satisfied with our hair lol xx

      Delete
  10. These are so cute! I especially love the colors you used(: xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are amazing, I think I'll go and fail trying to recreate them, great blog by the way just recently found it and it's great:) xx


    www.hiboufashionbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow your nails look amazing! So cute, I'd love to do my nails like this! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these they're so pretty! xxx

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig