Wednesday 16 April 2014

Bronze Me Beautiful || Garnier Summer Body Moisturising Lotion


To save you all from the long introduction about how much I love tanning and tanning products, I'm just going to put it out there and confess that I'm a tanoholic! Last year I started a mini series on my blog called 'Bronze Me Beautiful'. This series as you can guess is all about my love for tanning products and to give you a little insight on my top tanning tips. Now is the time of year where tanning starts becoming a priority again and I thought I would continue the series this year as I still have so much tan talk to talk about!

I'm going to kick start my first tanning post this year with a new discovery that I made recently, although this is not a new product on the tanning market. When it comes to fake tanning, I love using gradual tanning moisturisers; They are generally faff free and after a few applications give you a lovely sun-kissed look. My current favourite gradual tanning moisturisers have always been the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze and the Dove Summer Glow which you can read about in my full review here. As much as I love these two products I was keen to try the Garnier Summer Body Moisturising Lotion as I've been a fan of other moisurisers by Garnier recently. The Summer Body Moisturising Lotion makes for a great gradual tanner for three main reasons. 

One
The Summer Body moisturiser builds up a lovely looking and natural tan, that in no way looks orange or dirty.

Two
Not only does this gradual tanner make a great moisturiser that hydrates and nourishes your skin, but is also absorbs into your skin so quickly making drying time a matter of minutes not hours.

Three
As far as any self tanner goes, this one smells amazing. When its first applied it smells of fruity apricots and a few hours later once it starts developing your still left with an apricot kind of smell, which is pleasant. 

As far as colour goes, this gradual tanner doesn't make me look quite as sun-kissed as I would like and when it comes to tanning products I usually opt for the darkest shades on offer. However I was a right wally when picking up this bottle of the Summer Body Moistursing Lotion as I picked up the one that was for a 'light' sun-kissed look and since then have realised that Garnier do offer a darker one which would have been perfect for me. But my little mistake means that I can report back and say that this shade would be perfect for those of you who are new to tanning or have fair skin. It takes a few applications to see any real difference in colour and the changes that you do see are subtle and not too over the top.

Overall I'm really impressed with this gradual tanner and although its in a lighter shade, its doing the job wonderfully. I would love to know what your thoughts are on this product? And if you've used the darker shade, please let me know how you got on with it?

Lots of Love



Find Me
Twitter @sunshinesprkle || Instagram @sunshinesprkle


Share:

7 comments

  1. Sounds lovely and light on the skin :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Garnier. Def a staple for the brighter warmer months
    www.nicolabishopx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be a staple for me that's for sure, I love the scent its amazing x

      Delete
  3. I'm obsessed with your blog, Danielle! You have such a cute blog design and your posts are so intriguing! :)
    I’d love for us to keep in touch via bloglovin’ or GFC. Let me know on my blog, I’ll be sure to follow back! :)

    Hope you're having a lovely day ! xx
    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Kelly, that is lovely to hear, I'm going to head over to your blog now xx

      Delete
  4. Loads of people have been raving about this, shame they don't sell it in Australia I must get my hands on it haha.
    Love Rose x
    tartanandrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig