Tuesday 9 September 2014

Monthly Favourites || August


Usually I will always try to get up a monthly favourites post, but last month was a bit fat fail for me and I found that there was only one or two products that made it to the top of my favourites list. Sometimes I like a product then just tend to stick with it so they become ongoing faves and there is nothing new to post about. However throughout August I rekindled my love with some old favourites and found some new ones too, so if you fancy finding out what's made it to the top of the list, then get comfy and keep on reading.


Makeup Revolution I Heart Makeup Lip Geek Lipstick* - Ken Will Want Me

If you've been up to date on my blog the last few months then you may know that we went a little lip stick crazy here on Miss Sunshine & Sparkle. Lipstick has to be my ultimate favourite beauty item and I had so much fun trying and testing out all the lipsticks from the Makeup Revolution I Heart Makeup Lip Geek range. Whilst testing them all out I completely fell head over heels in love with the most gorgeous everyday pink colour. As you can see from the pictures 'Ken Will Want Me' (I adore the name too) is such a pretty girly pink colour that works perfectly with so many everyday makeup looks. I love the creamy formula, it keeps my lips so feeling soft and hydrated. Also this lipstick is so pigmented which is great, this lippie has definitely become one of my all time favourites, I can see me repurchasing this again and again

MAC Lovelorn

I am such a sucker for a Mac lipstick and you know your hooked when you've gone though two of the same lipstick already. I think its fair to say that Mac's Lovelorn is my favourite lipstick from the brand and I'm now working my way though my third one. This 'Lustre' lipstick is just so pretty and beautiful on and its such a pale neutral pink that it works so well for everyday wearing. I am always applying this lipstick and it's definitely one of my go too ones. Shockingly I've never actually done a full review of my beloved Lovelorn so I plan on getting one posted for you very soon, so keep your eyes pealed for that.



Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner

I used to be a gel liner kind of girl, but this year has seen me change back to liquid liner and recently I've made it my mission to add a few new ones to my collection. For some reason I find that liquid liner is the only kind of formula that wont cause my liner to smear of melt throughout the day, and in the summer that is an essential. The only bug bear I have with liquid liner is that I find the colour can fade as the day goes on and what was a jet black line in the morning, turns into something that is a bit grey and grubby towards the end of the day. However the Revlon Colorstay liner does such an amazing job at not only keeping my liner put, but the colour actually lasts which is amazing. I think I may have finally found my holy grail liquid liner, thank you Revlon! The tip of the brush makes this liner ever so easy to apply and its really precise too which is fabulous, I love it.


Revlon Colorstay Foundation - True Beige 

Another all time favourite of mine that has made a comeback this month is the Revlon Colorstay foundation which has to be one of my all time favourites. I can't fault this foundation in anyway and it's definitely the most long lasting foundation that I've ever tried. Usually during the summer months I like to go for a dewy look, however the last month or so I have been so busy and have needed something a bit more heavy duty and with full coverage too. I love how this foundation makes my skin look flawless and it does an amazing job at keeping oily skin at bay, no shine here! Again I don't think I've ever done a full review of this foundation, so I will be sure to pop one up very soon. 


Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze Body Lotion

I'm sure you all know by now that fake tanning is part of my weekly beauty regime and this month has been all about getting that golden glow with minimum fuss. For the longest time I have loved the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze, it is by far the best gradual tanner out there, but it's been ages since I last picked up a bottle. I've been using this non stop for my tanning over the last month and I had honestly forgotten just how amazing this stuff is. This moisturiser develops into a lovely natural golden tan overnight and smells just like cocoa butter, if you want to read my full review you can find it here.


Aussie Miracle Recharge Luscious Long Lightweight Conditioner.

Talking of products making a big comeback for me this month, this Aussie leave in conditioner has been another holy grail item of mine that I had kind of forgotten about. I bought this for my Boardmasters trip as I knew I would need something trusty to help manage my hair whilst I was away and of course to help get rid of any tangles. I've been using this non stop since then and I had forgotten just how much I love it. I love the way this leave in conditioner feels in my hair, its really lightweight, makes my hair silky smooth and makes it smell amazing. The Luscious Long formula is great for us girls with long locks as really helps to kink out any nasty knots or tangles that you may have.

So that's everything for this months favourites, I would love to know what you've been loving recently and if any or your favourites match mine then be sure to let me know in the comments below.

Lots of Love




Share:

7 comments

  1. Will have to check out the revlon foundation, i need something heavy duty for everyday!


    rosielouiselove | beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly so good hun, even when I'm at the gym this stuff doesn't budge its amazing xx

      Delete
  2. Your photos look amazing hun! I love the look of those pretty lipstick shades! xx
    Jessie || All Things Beautiful - X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm addicted to Aussie hair care, the scent just sells me every time!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I'm addicted to the Aussie leave in sprays, I love the shine one and the lucious long one xxx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig