Sunday 13 September 2015

My favourite Nude Lipsticks

Mac, Mac Lipstick, MAC Velvet Teddy, Mac Honeylove, Makeup Revolution Lip Lava, Smashbox Lip Gloss Jewel, MeMeMe Persian Pink Lipstick, Nude Lipsticks, Makeup Revolution Lip Hug, Nude Lipstick Swatches

If you asked me a year ago what my favourite shade of lipstick was, without a doubt I would say pinks; Everything from baby pinks to bright bolds, I loved them all. Now whilst I still have a bit of an obsession for anything pink, this year for me so far has been all about the nudes. I find day to day I reach for a nude lipstick over a pink. As my new obsession for colour has changed so has my lipstick collection and I find myself picking up new nude lipsticks all the time. So today I thought I would share with you all my top favourites and why I love them so much.

Mac Velvet Teddy

I'm sure this nude has made its way into everyones lipstick collection and its been the nude thats been on everyones lips. Of course I'm talking about Mac's Velvet Teddy. I picked this lipstick up at the beginning of the year after months of trying to hunt it down. It wasn't long before this beauty became a favourite. It's been my most used this lipstick this year and I just love the way that it looks on. I would describe Velvet Teddy as a dark toned nude and I love it because it really helps create the illusion that you have much fuller lips, especially when used with a great lip liner. I also love its matte finish; For me its what I usually go for in a lipstick.

MeMeMe 04 Persian Pink

This nude lipstick from MeMeMe is one I got ages ago, before my love for nude lipsticks even started, but recently I've dug it out from the bottom of my collection and it's quickly become a favourite. Why? Probably because it's very similar to Velvet Teddy. This is another dark toned nude, which again really enhances the fullness of my lips. Unlike Velvet Teddy, Persian Pink has a lovely statin finish formula that gives my lips a really nice softness to them. I love how this lipstick feels really hydrating but is long lasting at the same time. It's a great and cheaper alternative to Velvet Teddy.

Mac, Mac Lipstick, MAC Velvet Teddy, Mac Honeylove, Makeup Revolution Lip Lava, Smashbox Lip Gloss Jewel, MeMeMe Persian Pink Lipstick, Nude Lipsticks, Makeup Revolution Lip Hug, Nude Lipstick Swatches

Makeup Revolution Love Can Set You Free

Out of all the nudes in this post today, I would say that this one from Makeup Revolution leans more towards the pink side. I think sometimes with nude lipsticks it can sometimes be too easy to choose one which make can my lips washed out, which is probably why I choose fairly dark shades or in this case pink. Out of all the lipsticks in this post, this one from Makeup Revolution is the one that mostly feels like a balm that is so buttery, its just lovely to use. I love wearing this on those days where I'm wearing minimal makeup.

Mac Honeylove

Mac's Honeylove is another lipstick which has become such a staple in my makeup bag over the last couple of months. I've worn it non stop during summer. Out of all the nudes in this post, I would say that this one is the most natural looking and gives that 'your lips but better' look. Again its another nude that has pink undertones to it which I love as it doesn't give you manikin lips. With Honeylove having a matte finish, its just perfect for me - Long lasting and highly pigmented. I would definitely recommend this lipstick to anyone.

Mac, Mac Lipstick, MAC Velvet Teddy, Mac Honeylove, Makeup Revolution Lip Lava, Smashbox Lip Gloss Jewel, MeMeMe Persian Pink Lipstick, Nude Lipsticks, Makeup Revolution Lip Hug, Nude Lipstick Swatches

Makeup Revolution Lip Lava Forgiven

There is one thing I love when it comes to make up and that is a good dupe. One makeup dupe that got me really excited this year is the Makeup Revolution Lip Lavas, which replicate the Too Faced Melted Lipsticks. I've been particularly loving the shade 'Forgiven' as just looks amazing on. The formula of these Lip Lava's are so pigmented and have such a beautiful glossy finish. The gloss does fade after a few hours of wear, but still the shade of this nude is just perfect. It is a little bit on the dark side but I find that it works so well with my skin tone. When I'm looking for something a bit more dramatic I'll always reach for this,

Smashbox Be Legendary Lip Gloss Jewel

Most of you will know by now that I'm not really the biggest lip gloss fan. I love the look of a glossy lip but just don't like the feel of really glossy lip products on my lips as much. Having said this I do love the formulas of the Smashbox Lip Glosses as I find they provide a nice shine and are not too sticky; They always give my lips that nice juicy pout. This one in the shade Jewel is actually quite a pigmented for a lip gloss and I find it really does give my lips a nice wash colour, which is perfect for those minimal makeup days. I also love this lip gloss when I'm looking to up the amp a little bit and layer it on top of some of the other lipsticks shown in this post.

As you can see I just love nude lipsticks, trust me when I say it was hard to narrow it down to this lot. There were quite a few that didn't make the cut. If you would like to see more nudes in my collection though, let me know as I'll be more than happy to showcase them off. I would love to know what your favourite shade of nude is? Let me know in the comments below.

Lots of Love



Share:

9 comments

  1. MAC Honeylove is such a beautiful shade, I also love MUR's Lip Lavas!

    Lauren x | laurenselwood.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am desperate to get Velvet Teddy in my makeup bag. What a fab collection you have here : ) I also like the look of Make Up Rev's lip lavas! xo

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love nude lipsticks and you’ve chosen some gorgeous shades :) Velvet Teddy is definitely a gorgeous shade and it does give the illusion of fuller lips :) Honey Love it actually on my wishlist as I’ve been tempted by it after seeing it popping up on a few blogs, and I love that it gives the YLBB look :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have recently gotten into nude lip colours, they are perfect for everyday. One of my all time favourites is Velvet Teddy it is a gorgeous shade. The Mememe lipsticks looks like a beautiful pink nude. May have to give this a go.

    Beth x
    www.hellobeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. first time seeing these lip lavas, they look amazingly similar to too faced indeed! Will have to hunt them down!

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the MR Lip Lavas especially the nude shade you have mentioned. I find it fades and gathers in a line on the lips, so defiantly requires a little maintenance.

    Emily x
    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,
    Mac's Honeylove is good for a romantic date?
    Do you recommend it or some other?

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig