Sunday 7 April 2013

Rimmel Apocalips 'Apocoliptic' | Review


Hello lovely ladies! I thought I would finally get a post up and give you my thoughts on the famous 'Apocalips' by Rimmel which were brought out at the beginning of the year. Now I'm so extremely late on this bandwagon I know as these must be by far the most hyped about products so far this year and I've only just gotten around to getting my beauty mitts on them - And shockingly I only picked up one, why I don't know as I've well and truly fallen head over heals in love with the shade that I picked out which is 'Apololiptic' which is the most gorgeous bright fuchsia shade EVER and as I'm sure your all aware by now, I adore my brights. When I was going on my Boots shopping trip, there was so many other makeup bits that I needed to pick up that I could only justify picking up one shade, but there were so many gorgeous colours that it was difficult to choose just one. But after wearing 'Apocoliptic' on my lips all week, I feel like I need to own every shade in the collection as I just love this product so much.

So Rimmel describe the Apocalips as a 'lip lacquer  (which I always thought was the old term for a 'lipstick'?) and I find they are highly pigmented just like a lipstick, but at the same time it gives your lips a coating of glossiest gloss you could ever imagine. I would say that the 'Apocalips' is a product which is somewhere inbtween a lipstick, lip gloss and lip stain all in one, which makes it completely unique and nothing I've ever tried before. On initial application, the Apocalips feels so creamy, so smooth and glides on just like a lipstick, its just dreamy to apply. When on, it feels like wearing a lipstick, except your left with such a beautiful glossy finish. The staying power is unbelievably amazing and I find that the colour last for hours. - Admittedly they gloss does fade after a little while, but your still left with the most incredible colour on your lips. I just love how pigmented they are and couldn't believe that with one coat I was able to achieve an a completely opaque look, and the shade that you see in the tube, is the exact colour which will transfer onto your lips. 

The doe foot applicator makes applying the Apocalips a really easy application which allows you to be precise and accurate which is exactly what you need with a product which is this rich in colour. I've found that if your careful with your application there is no need to line your lips either, which is always a bonus. However I do find that when initially applied, the product can feel a little wet and heavy on your lips and you do need to allow the product some time to fully set onto your lips (around five minutes is just fine). There have been a few times where I have applied 'Apocoliptic' just before walking out the door for work, the wind as blown my hair every in every direction and the odd bit of hair strand that has landed on my lips has smeared the product in little wispy lines across my face - And I've only noticed the pink lines around my face when looking in the mirrors at work and think to myself, oh dear this is not a good look! Has anyone else had this problem? My lesson has been learnt though and if I leave the product to really set and work into my lips then I have no problem with smudging whatsoever. 

I've also found that wearing 'Apololiptic' seams to make my lips look so much fuller and plumper than what they actually are, I'm not sure if this is just because the colour payout of it is just that good, but either way I love the effect that this gives. As beautiful as the colour looks on, I  do find that these can feel a little drying on your lips, but it's not so bad that it bothers me and when I'm getting a product that makes my lips just fabulous I can easily overlook this. - So if you are looking for a lip product that is going to moisturise and hydrate your lips, this may not be the product for you.

 As well as the actual product being just amazing, I absolutely adore the packaging. The black crystal effect lid gives this lip lacquer a bit of an edge and makes it look a lot more expensive than what it actually is. And I love how you can see your chosen colour in the tube, with all its prettiness on show - Whipping one of these out of your makeup bag for a touch up is just a joy and makes me smile every time! 

Apart from the odd smearing and the product being a little bit drying on your lips, I can't fault these in anyway and I think I would even go far enough to say that 'Apocoliptic' has to be one of my most favourite lip products of all time. I love the bright pink fuchsia shade and love the way it looks on my lips. With the weather slowly starting to get a little bit warmer, the tans will be coming out and this pretty pink will look just amazing with a tan and is the perfect accessory to brighten up your life a little. I'm definitely going to be picking up more shades, I'm thinking 'Big Bang' and 'Stella' as they look just gorgeous. Boots have a three for two off across all their makeup right now so this seams like a perfect time to pick up some more shades and I think with its £4.99  price tag, makes the 'Apocalips' the lip bargain of the year!


Have you tried the Rimmel Apoclalips yet? What shades are your favourites? And what shades do you think I should get my beauty mitts on next?

Lot's of Love




Share:

32 comments

  1. This colour looks stunning! May have to invest.

    fashion--geek.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty I love it, think you should definitely invest :) x

      Delete
  2. I tried these for the first time this weekend too. I got big bang and celestial and I've found the same thing - no need for lip liner!
    Definitely recommend big bang, it's already my favourite red lip product : )

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really wanting to get my hands on Big Bang, it looks gorgeous, I think that will be the next one I pick up for sure :) x

      Delete
  3. This sounds great! Still havent jumped on the bandwagon yet! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh, I thought I was the only one lol. You should definitely give these ago, you wont be disappointed x

      Delete
  4. This is such an amazing colour! I'm so bad at applying these though xxx

    Loveontopxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its ever so pretty isn't it :) I find that you do need to take that little bit of extra time to apply it :) x

      Delete
  5. Fantastic post hun! Great lip swatches, they really show the colour brilliantly! You would totally love the whole range, you NEED to get Big Bang as I just know that bright gorgeous red would look amazing against your skintone xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you beauty, I can only imagine that you are loving the whole range already seeing as we love the same on everything hehe. I would love Big Bang thats the next one on my list xxxxxxx

      Delete
  6. The colour looks lovely on you, i now own 4 colours but not this one... yet haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks beauty, which shades have you got, you really need this one in your life :) x

      Delete
  7. These need to make their way to Canada! I am going crazy waiting for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thats such a shame that there not out in Canada yet, I bet you can't wait. x

      Delete
  8. This color looks wonderful on your lips! Can't wait to get my hands on this product(:

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, you really need to try it, its a must for any lipstick/gloss lover x

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I REALLY need to buy these! That colour looks gorgeous on you :) I also love that there's no need for lip liner. Great review xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I would really recommend it, it looks amazing on, these pictures really don't do the product enough justice. x

      Delete
  11. Such a great post!:D I love your pictures of the colour, they came out really true to colour! I love this shade on you though, really suits you!:D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stella is beautiful and big bang is lovely as well! Its nice to see a review with good pictures of the product on the lips, it drives me mad when people just swatch on their hands!!
    Anna x

    onthedressingtable.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,I love your blog very much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This colour is gorge!!! I need to purchase some of these!! :) also very random question but what is it you use on your pictures to get the writing in those pretty circles?! Lol is it an app?!? :) lovely blog by the way now following!! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is stylish and comfy, great with a pair of jeans and go out in it. Some guys asked me where to get mens leather jackets in such style from www.cwmalls.com. I am very pleased with this jacket, right size and it is the style I wanted for a long time. Leather is quite soft and I am sure it is genuine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This shade looks beautiful! I have to buy it. Thanks for the great rew. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now this is some serious lip lacquer color. Reminds me very much of the lip lacquer in nr 28 by Dita Von Teese (Artdeco) collection. Looks almost the same on the lips.
    Not a product for a daily use for me, but a great pop of color if you have to spice up your makeup in the evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I actually am counting down the days until I can get my hands on these babies! This color looks beautiful on you!

    xxoo
    rebeccastrutt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have the nude shade and thought it was pretty rubbish to be honest! Applied weirdly and not much colour pay off. Maybe I'd like the other colours more haha
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!Amazing color.I never try Rimmel brand.We don't have it here in Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This pigmentation is beyond excellent and I really wish I could get my hands on them. The color you chose in particular suits your face OH SO WELL!

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig