Wednesday 17 April 2013

Pretty Pinafores | OOTD




My new clothing obsession without a doubt has to be the pinafore, I think they're ever so easy to wear and look ever so girly on. They make for a very versatile look in your wardrobe and the different outfits you can create with them are endless. In particular I have been loving the pinafores with a skater type skirt to them as it means you can pair it with anything and pick a look that suits you and dress it accordingly for any occasion. The two that I have featured in the pictures above are my favourite picks, and as you can tell by the look from the pictures, both have that skater skirt at the bottom of them. Skater skirts tend to be flattering on most body types and I love the way they float out, which gives movement and a bit of omph to your overall outfit. 

As a lot of you beauties know, I work at River Island and we've been getting loads of these pretty pinafores in, which I fell in love with immediately. They kind of have that 90's look to them, which is very in at the moment. I also love how wearing a pinafore makes things a little different to just wearing a skirt or a dress. I thought I would show off the pinafore that I picked up, which is the black dungaree one with the thin braces, and I get nothing but compliments whenever I wear it. I decided to pair it with a fitted crop top, which is black and white striped (also from River Island) which is very on trend with the monochrome look - A look that I also adore as its so sleek and can make a big impact especially when you wear contrasting shapes and textures with your monochrome look. I absolutely love wearing this outfit and I love how you can wear the pinafore with different tops to create different looks - Cute little blouses or jumpers tucked in work fabulously with the pinafore too. Not to mention that you can also wear it with the pinafore straps hanging down which creates an entirely different look, versatile or what? All I need to do now is find me the perfect bowler hat to complete this look. I absolutely adore this baby pink one from H&M and think it will be my next purchase. However I really hope its small enough to fit my tiny head, as every bowler hat I've tried on looks massive on me and sways from to side to side and I'm desperate to get my hands on one.


Have you been loving the pinafore as much as me? I would love to know your thoughts.

Lot's of Love


Share:

21 comments

  1. You look amazing I neeeeeeeed this outfit! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wit Wooooo!! Looking good misses :) x x x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this you look so good not sure if I could pull it off though gonna have to give it ago! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you would. you could always pair it with some black tights for a more everyday look x

      Delete
  4. I love the blue pinafore x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's super pretty, its next on my wishlist xx

      Delete
  5. I love pinafores! You look absolutely gorgeous!

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woweeeee you look so gorgeous in this outfit! I would never be able to pull this off hehe! you look sooo good beautiful xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks beautiful, I bet you could sooo pull it off. I don't know what your talking about ha :p xxxxx

      Delete
  7. You look great here!love what you've put with it but not sure i could pull it off :(
    I've wanted a pinafore ever since I saw Millie macs outfit on celebrity juice xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, she looked ever so pretty in her one. I'm sure you could pull it off lovely xx

      Delete
  8. Such a cute outfit! Lovely blog- now following:) xx
    zoeyinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous!!! so love your outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig