Thursday 6 March 2014

L'Oreal True Match Foundation N4 Beige || Review


When it comes to a high street foundation I have to say that the Revlon Colour Stay is by far my favourite and wins hands down every time. However the other month I was feeling a little adventurous and thought it as about time I tried out a new foundation. I think sometimes you can get into a bit of a routine with foundation and once you find something you love it can be rather difficult to branch out and try out something new. However I was ready for a change and I had heard so much about the L'Oreal True Match Foundation that the beauty blogger in me just had to give it ago. After trying and testing it out for the last month, I thought I'd give you my feedback on how I got on with this new foundation.

First off, I'll start with the packaging - As far as a drug store foundation goes, I'm really impressed with the way that the L'Oreal True Match looks, it comes in a glass bottle and whilst glass bottles may not be the best suited for handbags, it does give this foundation an expensive look to it. The plastic lid is a little bit flimsy and cheap looking, but for its £9.99 price tag I can't really complain. One thing I do love about the way the True Match has been packaged is that it comes with a dispenser pump, which makes the whole application process so much easier, less messier and much more efficient - A huge thumbs up L'Oreal. 

As for the actual foundation, L'Oreal state that this is a really blendable foundation and that it will match your skin colour and texture which makes it sounds like the perfect foundation! It also has SPF17 in which is also a huge plus. When I first applied this foundation, my initial thought was 'wow this is so lightweight' and at first I thought that this was because I was used to wearing a much heavier and full coverage foundation. However after using this for a few weeks now, I generally do feel that it's a lightweight foundation and doesn't feel at all heavy on your skin. 

When it comes to foundation, some girls like a full coverage look and other prefer that dewy glowy look and I think True Match foundation is meets us somewhere in the middle. Its a foundation that is heavy enough to hide any blemishes and cover up redness, but light enough at the same time to give your skin a lovely natural finish look. However if you do prefer a dewy look, I find the True Match foundation to have more of a matte finish to it. 

I love how even and flawless my skin looks when I apply the True Match foundation, it did take me a little while to adjust to the finish and texture of this foundation, but overall I love the way it makes my skin look. I've heard though other reviews and Twitter that some people find it really hard to get a perfect colour match for their skin tone with the True Match, however I've had no trouble at all. I picked up the shade N4 Beige which turned out to be the perfect colour match for me, so much so that the foundation just looks like my own skin but much much better. 

The only downside that I have to say about this foundation is that it seams to behave differently on my skin each time I wear it, some days I have flawless looking skin for hours after its initial application and other days I find that it slides off my face midway though the day, even with a good powder for top ups. I would describe my skin type as combination, especially getting oily areas around my T-Zone, and I think its these troubled areas that really challenge the True Match. I'm putting it down to how my skin is behaving, the temperature of the day and what I'm actually doing during the day as to how well this foundation behaves once its on. When I'm having one of those physical days (like my gym days) there is no way that I would be wanting to wear this foundation, but just for day to day this foundation works perfectly for me. If you are someone who has oily skin, I probably would say that this is not the best foundation for you, but if your skin has all sorts going on like mine then this is worth a try.

What are your thoughts on this foundation? I've been seeing people talk about it all over Twitter and other blogs and seam to find the reviews are really mixed, I would love to know what you think?

Lots of Love


Share:

5 comments

  1. Great review Danielle, such a shame that it doesn't behave well every day! Sounds great about it being in between full coverage/the dewy look!
    Love From Sammie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought True Match Lumi/Lumi Magique by L'Oreal a few weeks ago and have been loving it on my dry skin! I think True Match would be a little too matte for me - I hate the look of foundation settling into dry patches... Great review, will probably give this foundation a try when my skin is behaving well!

    Eve x | ChantellEve

    ReplyDelete
  3. The true match is definitely going to be my next highstreet foundation purchase I've heard so many good and mixed reviews I just need to try it out now! But I do love my Revlon Colourstay as well! xx

    Genna at Lipstick Crush

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this foundation (and I recently reviewed it on my blog - http://joannasprinkles.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/l-true-match-foundation.html?m=1 ) and I totally agree with what you say about it sliding off. It's infuriating, because it is a perfect colour match for me, but the fact that it wears completely off after less than 3 hours really lets it down
    :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried LOreal True Match Foundation but it wasn't good for me. I could see every single dry piece of my skin.

    polypolinaaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig