Thursday 10 August 2017

Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette | Full Review and Swatches

Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette


When it comes to talk and hype around makeup, Urban Decay are always up there with their new releases and recently the heat has been on quite literally as all the talk amongst us beauty bloggers has been about the new Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette*. I've been following Urban Decay on Twitter since I set up my account and when I saw them tweet about their new addition to their Naked range, I was so excited as this palette is beautiful in every single way and just knew that as soon as it was available to buy in the UK I had to have it in my collection.

Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette
Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette

Over the years I've blogged a lot about Urban Decay, especially their Naked palettes; They are by far my favourite eyeshadows to use and Urban Decay always get their formulas spot on when it comes to shadows; I've never ever been disappointed. My latest addition to my Naked Palette collection was the Ultimate Basics palette, which is filled with matte shades (review here). It was actually a shadow in this palette ' Extra Bitter', which is the most gorgeous burned orange matte shade that started off my obsession with warm toned eyeshadows. The Ultimate Basics Palette has been my favourite and go to since Christmas, but I'm more than happy to pop it to one side for now as the new Naked Heat palette is going to be my new holy grail palette, I just know as I'm in love with it already.

You don't need me to tell you that this palette is beautiful in every single way, I mean just look at it! I'm really into my warm toned, rustic reds, burned oranges and shimmery coppers right now and this palette is packed with them. There are 12 shades in total and they all compliment one another and will create the perfect sultry day time look, or a smoking hot smokey eye for the evening. If you're a fan of the previous Urban Decay Naked palettes you will know that all the eyeshadow shades in their previous palettes are quite natural shades, especially in the basics and original Naked 1 palette. The Naked Heat palette takes a whole new direction and I love it. Warm toned eye looks are so hot right now and if you're wanting to keep on trend with your makeup, this palette is the way forward.

Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette
Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette
Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette

For me personally I love these rich, warm, fiery shades on my eyes; I have very dark brown eyes, so I'm quite lucky in the sense that everything goes and works well for me, but the shades in this palette literally makes my eyes pop. Urban Decay say that this palette will compliment everyones skin tone and eye colour and I have to say I agree, I think some of these colours, especially shades like 'Scorched' and 'Lumber' will look stunning on those of you with blue/green eyes.

I've had this palette for almost two weeks now and I've been using it non stop, so I thought I'd give you all a quick run down of each of the shades and go over some of my personal favourites:

OUNCE; Starting with the lightest shade in the palette, Ounce is one of those light ivory shimmery shades that is perfect for highlighting under the brow bone or for the inner corners of the eyes.

CHASER; A light nude matte shade that works perfectly all over the lid as a base colour or for a natural daytime look.

SAUCED; A soft terra-cotta matte shade that works as a perfect transitional colour and I love using this for building up colour in my crease.

LOW BLOW; Every palette needs a medium brown matte shade and this is perfect for any makeup look, this works as a great crease colour and blends out flawlessly.

LUMBRE; This is one of my favourite shades in the palette, its the most gorgeous copper shade with a slight pearl reflect in it; It looks stunning all over the lid and instantly creates that warm glow on my eyes.

HE DEVIL; This is where the Naked Heat palette really starts heating up and He Devil is a stunning burnt mate red shade. I love using this on the outer corners of my eyes and its great for creating that warm smokey eye.

Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette

DIRTY TALK; This is another one of my faves and this shadow is metallic burned red shade that looks amazing on. This shadow really makes my eyes pop and stand out and even though this is a metallic shadow, the formula is so smooth and theres hardly any fall out.

SCORCHED; For a full on glamed up smokey eye, Scorched is a winner! This shade is a deep metallic red with gold micro shimmer and is so beautiful on the eyes.

CAYENNE; The last four shades of the Naked Heat palette a perfect for those night time smokey eyes, starting with Cayenne, a deep tear-cotta shadow. This works perfectly all over the lid and blended out on to the crease, it also looks amazing blended out on the lower lash line.

EN FUEGO; A burgundy matte shade that looks great blended out in the crease for a full on smokey eye.

ASHES; This is a really pretty, but dark warm reddish brown matte shade and is not something I would wear everyday. Its incredibly pigmented and instantly creates a dark look on the eye. It's warm rich colour looks stunning on and is perfect if you want to create a makeup look that turns heads.

EMBER; This shade is so beautiful and like no other eyeshadow I own, it's a deep metallic copper shade that has a burgundy tone to it, this would look amazing on the lid for the ultimate nighttime smokey eye.

As you can see this palette has so much to offer and I just can't get over how beautiful all the shadows are. Not only are the eyeshadows a dream, but the packaging on this palette is just as stunning. I feel like Urban Decay have come a long way in terms of packaging. As much as I love my original Naked palette, the packaging after a good few years of having it in my collection has completely fallen to bits, which makes me so sad. The packaging on the Naked Heat palette is sturdy, looks amazing and I generally love the whole design. Urban Decay have made it to look like a match box, keeping in theme with the fiery shadows inside. Theres a large mirror inside, which make this perfect for applying the shadows anywhere and I love the artwork on the outer casing, it definitely grabs my attention. The palette also comes with a double ended brush, one end a blending brush and the other a detailed crease brush, the two essentials to create the perfect smokey eye.

Honestly I can't get enough of this palette, I was obsessed with it before it was released and now I have it in my collection I am in love, its my new favourite thing in my makeup collection and I think it lives up to all the hype. The Urban Decay Heat Palette is now available in the UK so if you want to get your hands on it then you can head over to the Urban Decay website here.

What are your thoughts on this palette? Are you ready to take the heat?



*This palette was kindly gifted to me from Urban Decay. All thoughts and opinions are my own

Share:

5 comments

  1. Isn't it beautiful?! This is the first review I've seen of the palette and it has only made me fall more in love with the colours, the swatches are amazing. Can't wait for payday! x
    Freya’s Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are stunning! Thanks for the review!

    xx, The Makeup Feed

    ReplyDelete
  3. the only thing I'd change about it is the brush as it is the same as the naked smoky one but it is a beautiful palette and I might get it in a few months.
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really does look incredible! I love Urban Decay so much and am desperate to get my hands on this palette. xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This palette is perfect for Summer/Autumn with the warmer tones! I think I need to get my hands on this one! <3

    Jenny | Krystel Couture X

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig