Wednesday 29 August 2018

End of Summer Favourites


I can't believe August is coming to an end! Does anyone else think this year is just flying past? I was reminiscing the other day on just how good summer has been this year, I know a lot of us all complained about the heatwave, myself included...But I'm not going to lie, I kind of miss the warm weather. August has been a bit of a flop really weather wise and even though my heart is still clinging onto summer, I'm currently sat here typing this post up sat with a hot water bottle on my lap, which says it all really. Anyway, enough of me being a typical Brit and talking about the weather, what I really wanted to share with you all today is some of my favourite summer beauty items, ones that I've reached for time and time again. Over the last few months I've not really tried anything new, and makeup has been kept to a minimum because of the heat, so the things I have been using really have been must haves for me.


Bondi Sands Liquid Gold Tanning OilIf you're a regular reader of my blog and have been here since the beginning you will know that I fake tan all year round and I love a good summer glow, even in the middle of winter. One tan that I've been desperate to try has been Bondi Sands. Whenever I see girls with amazing tans on Instagram they all say they've used Bondi Sands so I knew it was a brand that I had to try. Bondi Sands have so many different types of tan in their range and I decided to give their Dry Tanning Oil a try and I love it. This is by far the best tan that I've ever used! Firstly this is so easy to apply, as the actual oil is brown its easy to see where I've applied it, so my tan is always streak free whenever I use this. Secondly, the Liquid Gold tan smells incredible. Usually a tan might smell good on initial application, but in a matter of hours I'll be smelling like biscuits and gravy - But the Liquid Gold smells like sunshine in a bottle, even the next morning when I wake up it still smells heavenly. The tan is coconut scented, the best way to describe it is holiday in a bottle; It's a scent I would happily wear as a fragrance all day, everyday - It smells that good! The best part of this tan of course is the actual colour pay out from the tan. I would only recommend this tan if you like your tans to be quite dark. When I woke up the next morning after applying this, I looked like I had two weeks away down in Australia. The best thing is that this tan is so natural looking and even though its dark, you would be mistaken and think its real. Even though this is a firm summer favourite, I plan on using it all year round and I can't see myself loving a different tan for a very long time.

Makeup Revolution Liquid Matte Lip Kit in Reign;When it comes to lipstick, I'm still a fan of matte liquid lipstick. I know summer should be about the gloss, but I don't have time to keep reapplying it which is why I love liquid lipsticks so much because they just look after themselves. I've never got the hype surround the Kylie Lip Kits when they first launched because the price put me off, not to mention the shipping costs. But when I saw some of the new Lip Kits from Makeup Revolution at the beginning of summer I was impressed, particularly in the price. The kit comes with a matte liquid lipstick and matching lip liner and I chose the shade Reign, which is a really pretty pink nude shade, a shade that works perfectly for summer. During the summer I like to keep my makeup minimal, so having a bold lip looks a little out of place. The nude toned pink works perfectly for everyday and is really easy and comfortable to wear. What I think is really impressive is that the formula is long lasting and doesn't crack on my lips after a few hours, which is just what you need in a matte lipstick. Also the cost of these are only £6.00 which is a bargain!

Sleek Contour Kit in Medium; When it comes to bronzer I'm a big fan of Sleek. Usually I love my Nars Laguna for a bit of everyday bronzing and contour, but its pricey and mines currently on its last legs so I've been using it sparingly.  The Sleek one though is a good runner up and it's one of the best bronzers out there when it comes to affordable high street makeup. The bronzer is so pigmented, so I definitely need a light hand when using this, even if I accidentally go a little over the top, the powder is so easy to blend out so I never have more bronzer on than what I should. What I love most about this bronzer is the actual shade, its a beautiful warm toned bronze that doesn't give off any orange tones, which makes it perfect for contouring or used as an allover glow. As for the highlighter in this palette, it's a little less impressive as it doesn't pack that such shimmer, but its ok for those days when I'm after a really subtle highlight; Which if I'm honest, is hardly ever. I picked up this kit purely for the bronzer which I've had and used before and its a great staple in my makeup bag.


Benefit Galifornia; Nobody quite does blusher like Benefit, right? This summer the only blush I've been wearing is Benefits Galifornia as it works perfectly with my fake Bondi Sands summer tan! This blush is a beautiful pink toned coral shade and it looks so pretty on my cheeks. I find this blush really adds to my summer glow and compliments tanned skin really well. I also love the formulation of this blush as its really easy to blend and a little goes a really long way.

Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define Concealer in C6; I've been a fan of this concealer ever since I could get my hands on it, so much so that I'm now on my third tube and almost ready to purchase my fourth. For a lot of summer I've not been wearing any foundation just because I have tanned skin and I've been keeping a really good skincare routine over the last few months. What I use this concealer for is just to brighten up my under eye area, because lets face it what mum with any toddler actually gets any sleep? Archie has been a bit of a nightmare recently when it comes to bedtime, I think its been a mix of the hot weather and transferring into his bog boy bed. Anway I digress! I've had a lot of sleepless nights and this concealer has done a wonderful job at faking my eight hours sleep every night, so it's a must have for me.

Urban Decay Ultimate Basics Naked Palette; I feel like this palette may be a little controversial for summer as most people would tend to wear shimmery shadows and ones that sparkle in the sunlight. However I've been loving my matte shadows, one in particular. I've only been wearing one shadow from this palette, pretty much every morning that I do my makeup and that's the shade 'Extra Bitter' - Why, because I think its the best shade to wear for the summer and it looks amazing with a tan. I think this shade really helps draw all the attention to my eyes and makes it look like I've made a lot of effort with my eye makeup (which I haven't). I'll usually wear this on my lower lash line and blended into my crease, it's my favourite shade right now, one I wish that Urban Decay sold as a separate shadow, its that's good and I know I'm going to be in need of a back up very soon.

So there we have it, my end of summer favourites. As I mentioned in the beginning of this post, theres not a lot here, but thats because I've not really used a lot of makeup or beauty items over the last few months. These are the few items that have really stood out to me and ones that I'll keep on using as we creep into autumn. I'd love to know what you've been loving over summer? Let me know.




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig