Wednesday 2 January 2019

What I Got For Christmas - 2018


Hello beauties! Happy New Year to you all and I hope all of you had the most amazing Christmas. I can't believe Christmas is already over and we are almost saying goodbye to the second day in Jan already; The last month has been a whirlwind and I'm sure I'm not the only parent out there who has just been non stop. Christmas is easily my favourite time of year, which is why I decided to have a bit of a break pretty much through the whole of December, I just wanted to spend all my time with my family and make special memories that will last a life time - So forgive me if this post is a little overdue or feels slightly irrelevant now. Don't worry I'll be appearing on your feed again in the next few days with a traditional new years resolutions post!



This Christmas for me was amazing and full of unexpected gifts. My birthday falls right at the beginning of December so two of the things featured in this post are joint presents before anyone thinks I've been too spoilt. The week around my birthday my hubby surprised us all with a family winter trip to Center Parcs. This is somewhere we have visited a few times, but never around Christmas, so I can't tell you all how excited I was to be visiting such a beautiful place a week before the big day we're all counting down to. We had a luxury villa booked located in Sherwood Forest and the Christmas break was just what we all needed and it really helped us all get into the festive spirit! The place was covered in fairy lights, Christmas tress that where fully decorated in every corner and life-sized lit up animals everywhere which made walking through the woods magical. This is the first year that we've had with Archie that he's really started to understand Christmas and has gotten excited about seeing Father Christmas, which made this winter break even more special for us and for me it was one of the best presents ever as I've made memories that I will treasure forever.


Fast forward a week later to Christmas Day, I can honestly say I was not expecting anything, other than the standard box of chocolates, a new set of pj's and some cosy fluffy socks (which are always a must have stocking filler for me). I told my hubby that he was not to get me anything and that Christmas was all about Archie; So we made a pack not to get each other anything, but we both failed as we both surprised one another on Christmas morning. Let me tell you guys I was in complete total shock as I received the most amazing gift that I had not been expecting or ever thought in a million years I would be in a position to treat myself too. Wrapped up beautifully under our Christmas tree was a medium sized box which contained the best present ever..... A white Olympus PEN E-PL8 camera, which we all know is a blogger favourite. I can't express just how lucky I felt. For the longest time I've wanted a smaller handheld camera, not just for blogging and filming but one to take out and about. I love photography and taking pictures, mainly pictures of Archie. But taking a huge and heavy DSLR camera out with a toddler is not practical and over the years I've missed out on so many photo opportunities as I've not had a good camera out with me. I know it sounds crazy, but this present is a little bit life changing and I know that I'll get so much use out of it. It's already been used non stop since I've opened it on Christmas morning and I already feel so motivated to make some big changes here on my blog. I just need to read up on some blog posts about it so I can now use it to its full potential, so if you have any please send them my way.


I was also lucky enough to receive some skincare goodies that had been on my wish list for the longest of time. Archie is almost three now and since I've had him my skin has been such a nightmare. Very rarely these days do I get skin that feels clear, hydrated and well balanced, no matter what products I used or tried. The last few months I did a lot of research and knew that I wanted to try some products from Elemis and once again my hubby made a note of the products I wanted and wrapped them under the tree for me (talk about having the best husband in the world). I was treated to the Elemis Cleansing balm and the Elemis Marine Oil, both of which I've been desperate to try. I've been using both products since Christmas Day and my skin is in the best condition of its life, so expect to see a full review of these two products very soon.

My other half was very kind and generous this Christmas and I can't thank him enough for being so thoughtful and loving. As well as these gifts I also received a couple of pairs of pj's and lots of cosy socks so I'm all set up for the next few months as any time I'm at home that's what I live in and let's face it being a full time mum I'm at home a lot.

I would love to know what everyone else got for Christmas and I'm going to make a real effort this year at catching up on everyone else's blog posts, so please link yours below and I'll head over sometime this week and catch up. I hope everyone has the best new year and made some very special memories over the Christmas period.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig