Saturday 23 May 2020

I Lost My Way, But Now I'm Back



Oh my gosh! It feels so weird to be sat at my laptop and to start typing up a blog post... On one hand it feels like second nature, but on the other my mind is going a little bit frantic thinking do I even know what I'm doing and how am I going to find the words to fill up this empty blank screen. I have no idea how many of you are still around?  How many of you actually read blogs anymore? But one thing that I do know is that I have been missing this mad crazy world, the blogging community and everything that goes with it.


Wow hasn't life changed for us all - Most of us are sat stuck at home with no where to go, if you had said to be around Christmas the whole country would be on lockdown due to a deadly virus I would have laughed the thought off. Like many of us I have so much spare time (only in the evenings... Mum life) and it got me thinking that I miss having a focus. I've put a lot of work into my Instagram over the last year or so but it doesn't fill this creative void and  when the evenings come I really feel that I'm not making the most out of all this spare time which is why I'm here sat on my laptop writing out this welcome back post! If you're here reading this you may have noticed that my last blog post was typed up in June last year (OMG) so we are taking a good year away from my little space on the internet. Leaving the world of blogging was something that was never intentional or planned - I just found myself blogging less and less until the point came where I actually stopped. Looking back the only reasons I can think  for just stopping blogging after almost eight years is that I LOST MY WAY.

I entered the world go blogging knowing exactly what I wanted to blog about, I was so passionate about makeup and beauty that I knew this was the clear direction that I wanted to go in and I did. Then four years later I entered the most wonderful journey into motherhood and it flipped all my focus and passions on its head. Yes I still love makeup, I still do my makeup every morning but am I rushing out to buy the latest makeup palette on launch day... no I'm not. I only purchased my first Charlotte Tilbury lipstick a few months ago just before we went into lockdown (lol)... I think it's fair to say that I am no beauty blogger! By the way I completely see all the hype around Charlotte Tilbury - I chose a nude lipstick in the shade 'Glowing Jen' it's fab!

I found my beauty posts lacking because there is only so much you can talk about the same makeup products, so I ever so slightly dipped my toes into the world of mummy blogging and whilst I could talk about motherhood all day, I feel there are so many other mums out there that just get it right when it comes to documenting their journey. So I really had to think about my niche and my passions and what it is I want to write, what I would like to put out there into the world and the most obvious thing that came to me was just be me! It sounds way to simple I know, but I want to jump back into the world of blogging with no set content planned and I'm just going to write about things that I love, what I'm passionate about and hopefully some of that content will relate to you and you'll stick around with me on this journey yet again.



Yep there is going to be a little bit of everything on here, some makeup bits, some fashion bits, but I think mainly lifestyle and how those passions incorporate into my life. Will it be enough, we shall see but one thing for sure it feels good to be putting pen to paper (or in this case tapping like a mad woman on the keys) and I have the biggest smile on my face and that my friends is step in the right direction.

I would love to know if you made it to the end of this post - And for those of you who are still blogging please help me get back into the loop. Does everyone still use Bloglovin to read blogs? I have no idea.

I hope everyone is well and keeping safe and I'll catch up with you all in my next post.

Lots of love, Danielle x

p.s If you would like to see what I have been getting up to for the last year then check out my Instagram and let me know that you came over after reading this post - You can find the link here @Daniellevicctoria



Share:

5 comments

  1. Welcome back! We also took a break for about the same amount of time as you last year. It's nice to take a breather. We do still use Bloglovin, but I find most of our followers are just bots :(

    Good luck on your new journey!
    Deanna | luxandvitae.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing thanks for sharing this blog I become fan of your blogs now. This blog is so interesting and informative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something very important and useful topic to discuss, Great article. Put more information on your website like this one, I really like these types of blogs
    -geophysical service

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog post about it is so excellent and informative that I'm very pleased. I have read all of your blogs, and they are all very educational. I appreciate you sharing, keep it up! By the way, If you are a student and you want to pay for assignments to be done south africa at very cheap prices so use this service I saw today and I like it very much now I advise you to visit this site I hope this service will be helpful for you.

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig