Wednesday 31 October 2018

Hello I'm Back | The Past, Present & Future


Hello everyone! It's been a long time since I've sat at my laptop and felt motivated and inspired to write. I know I've been missing in action for a long time, not just on my blog but across all my social media and to be honest I've needed the break. Before I disappeared my blog posts where few and far between and I think I just felt the pressure of blogging - As you all know comparison is the devil, especially within the online community and I found myself really stuck in a rut. To top it all off my nana who I'm really close with passed away at the end of September which completely zapped all of my creative juices. It was a really hard time for me and my family loosing someone so close and I've never experienced a loss of someone close in my adult life so it was a lot for me to deal with. I've just spent my time over the last few weeks being with my family and focusing all my energy on whats really important to me - Archie. Archie is definitely the best medicine and his little cheeky smile has not only helped me get through my own personal struggles but he is always helping me grow and improve as a mother, he really gives me so much more than he'll ever know. In the back of my mind I've always had that little niggle telling me that I need to get back into the everyday swing of life, but the time has not felt right until now. The break was just what I needed and I feel ready to pick up my camera again and getting those creative juices flowing again. Sorry for the really rambly start to this blog post, I'm really out of practice, but what I'm trying to say is that I'm back, sorry for being gone for so long and that I've missed you all.


What you can expect to see;

When I first started blogging it was all about makeup, its my passion, my second love and its something that I talk about just as much even though I'm not sharing it so much with you all. However I think I've been struggling this year with blog posts because I don't have as much time or money to spend on makeup as I used too which means I was really struggling to find new things to blog about. I'm a busy working mum and that means my makeup bag doesn't get changed around that often. Most mornings I will keep to the exact same makeup routine and keep my makeup very minimum and I feel theres only so many times you can talk about the same products. Whilst I still love trying out new makeup and creating new looks I feel like my life is now much more than this and so there needs to be a big change in the content that I make on here. I know some of you maybe following me just because the beauty content and whilst my blog will still focus on this, I do want my blog to expand and grow with me and that means seeing a lot more lifestyle and mum related posts.


My life now revolves around Archie and I love being a mum and all the things that come with it, so I want to make my blog more of a lifestyle one and talk to you all about my mummy experiences, what Archie and I get up too, tips tricks, hacks.... you get the idea. I also want to get more creative with my photography and I want my content, especially the photos on my Instagram to revolve around my life - Again theres only so many makeup flat lays I can take of the same makeup items, it was starting to get so boring for me and when you start to dread something, it takes the fun out of it and I think this has really been reflecting in my work.

So be prepared for some big changes. I no longer want to blog or create content in a certain way that makes me feel pressured, I just want to go with the flow and have fun with what I create becuase ultimately thats what its all about. I really hope you guys stick around still see where this new chapter takes me on and if you have any suggestions or posts of yours that you would like me to check out then please let me know as I'm ready to get back into the blogging loop.


Share:

1 comment

  1. This is amazing thanks for sharing this blog I have become a fan of your blogs now. This blog is so interesting and informative.

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig