Thursday 14 July 2016

Crown Brush Back To Basics Eyeshadow Palette | Full Review & Swatches

Crown Brush, Crown Brush Eyeshadow Palette, Palette, Eyeshadow, Shadow, Back To Basics Makeup, Back To Basics Palette

Crown Brush, Crown Brush Eyeshadow Palette, Palette, Eyeshadow, Shadow, Back To Basics Makeup, Back To Basics Palette


Crown Brush are well known for their makeup brushes, but it wasn't until recently that I found out they had makeup in their range too. As a lot of you know by now I am a sucker for a good palette, I have quite the collection going on which is forever growing. Recently I've added a new one to my collection from Crown Brush it makes such a good staple in my makeup stash that I just have to it share with you. This palette is a new one from Crown Brush and it's the 'Back To Basics' palette, if you're looking for a new palette that has every eyeshadow shade you should be owning then keep on reading.

Out of all the eyeshadow palettes that I have in my makeup draws this is by far the largest one that I own as the Back to Basics palette contains a whopping 35 shadows... WOW. Most of the time its nice to have a palette thats handbag friendly, but now and again I don't think it hurts to have just one palette that this many shadows in. I find it's really convenient to have everything in one place and actually because of its size, I find myself reaching for it often than I thought I would. 

As the name of this palette suggests, its all about going back to the basics and thats one of the things that I really love about it as it literally has every single eyeshadow shade that any beauty lover should have in their collection; It has every colour you could want or need. Like I mentioned the palette contains 35 different shades, so there is so much choice and such a good range of shades that will take you perfectly from day to night. 

Crown Brush, Crown Brush Eyeshadow Palette, Palette, Eyeshadow, Shadow, Back To Basics Makeup, Back To Basics Palette

When it comes to eyeshadow I'm a neutrals girl as heart (I'm pretty sure I say this every time I review a different palette, but its true). I am obsessed with my bronze shades, gorgeous soft browns and I adore the odd shimmery shade or two as well. For me an eyeshadow palette is a winner if it contains some of these shades and also has a good range of matte shadows and some lighter shades which as essential for a highlight. This Crown Brush palette has all of that and more, which is why I said it's a good staple for anyone to have in their collection. I really love the range in this palette as it has some beautiful shades, the ones I've swatched for you in this post are some of my favourites. As you would expect the Back to Basics palette has all those must have shades, but Crown Brush have also thrown in a few shades in there too that I wouldn't class as everyday shadows which I think is a really nice touch. I have to say I wouldn't really wear aqua blue or some of the brighter purples often, only as a one off; Having said this they are really pretty and these shades give you more reason to have it in your collection. You never know when you're going to need a bright blue shadow, right?

Crown Brush, Crown Brush Eyeshadow Palette, Palette, Eyeshadow, Shadow, Back To Basics Makeup, Back To Basics Palette

As for the actual quality of the shadows, I'm really impressed. Don't get me wrong, there not on the same level as some of your high end shadows, but they are perfect for everyday use. I find them to be quite soft and buttery in texture which includes the shimmery shades. I also find them really easy to blend which is so important for me as I do love a smokey eye. I personally find them quite long lasting too, but I would say if you tend to get oily eyelids, it would be better to use a primer with them as they can crease a little if you don't. For me the only thing that would take this palette from being great to perfect, it the pigmentation of the shadows. Don't get me wrong they are beautiful once on, but I found that I needed to build up the shades to get the pigmentation that I was happy with. But for those of you who love something a little more subtle and a bit more everyday this palette would work perfectly for you.

Crown Brush have quite a few palettes in their range, including the Back To Basics one and you can find them over on their website here. Definitely check their range out and don't forget to try out their makeup brushes too as they're amazing! 

Have you tried anything from Crown Brush? What are your thoughts on this palette?


Share:

3 comments

  1. This palette looks lovely! I would as usual go for neutrals too but at least there are options for if I'm feeling particularly wild!

    Jaynie Shannon *

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive heard of their brushes but not their shadows. This looks great for every day use indeed!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig