Tuesday 29 July 2014

Makeup Revolution I Heart Makeup Lip Geek Lipstick Collection #2 The Corals


As some of you maybe aware by now I've gone a tad lipstick crazy recently (like I wasn't already) since receiving the full collection of the I Heart Makeup Lip Geek Lipsticks from Makeup Revolution. Most of you have probably seen the gorgeous pink shades that I showcased and swatched in last weeks post here, but I know that pretty pinks are not to everyone's liking. Seeing as it's National Lipstick day I thought it would be appropriate to showcase of the gorgeous coral shades in the collection. Coral lipsticks have to be the ultimate summer shade to wear and I promise you that you'll be impressed by these beauties.

Just Have Fun

I love the name of this shade, as soon as I read it I immediately thought of the 'girls just wanna have fun song, and just like the name suggests this lipsticks really fun to wear.  For me 'Just Have Fun' is the perfect summer coral shade as its bright, a little bit daring and has that perfect balance of pink and orange tones to it. This lipstick probably leans more towards the red side, so it's perfect for you red fans wanting to wear something a little bit more subtle for the summer. This looks so gorgeous on and really compliments your summer tan - I absolutely love it!

Colour Overdose

If you love bright orange lipsticks then 'Colour Overdose' is definitely the shade for you. This super pigmented orange could be MAC's 'Morange' baby sister and would pass as a great dupe - Although this is probably a shade lighter or two. I always think that wearing a bright orange lipstick on a summer evening is a great way to make a statement and works as a great alternative to a bright bold pink. This shade will work with every skin tone and just looks gorgeous on.

Caught Myself Smiling

When I think of coral lipsticks, peachy toned corals are the ones that come to my mind and the ones I usually find the most wearable, 'Caught Myself Smiling' is that perfect peachy coral and really is the most perfect summer lipstick. I've been loving wearing this lipstick as part of an everyday makeup look as it just goes with everything; It also looks so pretty and girly once on. This lipstick really is a makeup bag essential and is one of my favourite shades in the 'Lip Geek' collection.

Happy Girl

Happy Girl was the first lipstick that I tried in the 'Lip Geek' collection and as soon as I popped it on I was like 'this is such a Danielle shade'. As you know by now I love pink lipsticks, there my favourite, so I instantly fell in love with this bright pink toned coral. I was quite surprised when I popped it on as its a lot brighter on than what it looks in its casing. However because its such a pretty girl pink its going to work for both  daytime and evening. I think I've just about said this with every lipstick in the collection now, but this looks so gorgeous and girly on.

Dream About Success

Again I find that 'Dream About Success' is another one of those peachy toned corals, however this lipstick is a lot lighter than 'Caught Myself Smiling'. In fact if it wasn't quite as bright on I would say that this would be more of a nude toned coral, however once on your lips it does appear quite bright. Unfortunately this kind of coral shade is a little too light for me, but its going to look great on you ladies that have fairer skin - This shade is definitely going to become your go to summer lipstick. I love the finish of 'Dream About Success' for such a light shade its so pigmented and creamy at the same time.

Is This All I Need

Is this all I need? And the answer would have to be yes and this lipstick is just one of those nude shades that looks amazing on and works with every kind of look that your going for. I decided to class this nude as one of the coral shades in the collection just because it does have those warm peach tones running though it. Personally I love this shade of nude as I find that it works really well with my skin tone; If you have a tan this is going to look amazing on you and compliment it really well. This is just such a great everyday lipstick for anytime of year, I love it.

So that's all the corals in the Makeup Revolution I heart Makeup Lip Geek collection, as you can see these shades are pretty amazing and at only £2.99 each it would be rude not to add a few to your lipstick collection. These lipsticks are such great quality and I still can't get over at just how pigmented they all are, not to mention the packaging is so girly and cute! 

I would love to know what shades your loving from this collection and if your planning on treating yourself to any? Let me know in the comments below.

Lots of Love



Share:

8 comments

  1. These colours look gorgeous, all of them! I think I'll have to snap some up! xxx Thou Shalt Not Covet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these colours look amazing, I really love the look of Just Have Fun :)

    Charlee | CharmedCharlee xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! I love every single colour and the packaging is really cute, too!

    http://beautifulsmudges.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh god that metallic pink packaging! The shape reminds me of MAC or TheBalm. : )
    I love these swatches you did. They make all the lipsticks look so appealing.

    I wish they looked a bit less frosty, but my favorite shades would be Dream About Success and Is This All I Need. The names are too funny.

    I probably won't pick any up just because I have too many other things to pay for lately. : (

    http://www.aelithnaturals.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just LOVE the packaging! And the last shade is my absolutely favorite! It IS all I need!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOOVEEEE the shades! I need to check these lipsticks out!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look stunning! I need these!

    Ali | http://lilaclipstick.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig